“And they were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” – Acts 2:42
Interested in a COMMUNITY GROUP? Click here and fill out this quick form.
What is a COMMUNITY GROUP?
In short, a community group is a group of disciples on mission… people that are committed to growing in their knowledge and obedience to Jesus together for the purpose of fulfilling God’s mission in the world.
A community group is normally 5 to 25 people that come together at least weekly for fellowship, prayer, friendship, bible study, worship, and serving their community.
Why do we have COMMUNITY GROUPS?
– The Trinity: There is one God eternally existing in three persons. God Himself, biblically defined, is community. (John 17:21-23)
– Jesus: He chose a small group of people to “be with him” and invested large amounts of time with them in community. (Mark 3:13-14; John 17:21-26)
– The New Testament Church: The church founded by the apostles primarily met in small groups in believer’s homes. (Acts 2:46; 20:20; Romans 16:5; Col. 4:15; 1 Cor. 16:19; Philemon 1:2). Community Groups help the church live out the biblical description of community and fulfill the “one another” commands in the New Testament (John 13:34; Rom. 12:10 14:19; etc)
– Social Implications: God does not want us to be alone (Gen. 2:18). He created us for fellowship. Community Groups are places where we can personally know others and be known by them.
Core Purposes and Values:
– Hearing & Obeying God: As a follower of Jesus our first concern should be obedience to the will of God for our lives. Establishing relationships that support the pursuit of obedience through teaching, encouragement, accountability is a goal of groups.
– Community: God says that it is not good for us to be alone. If you have ever had the experience of a true loving community surround and support you, you know it is something that we were created for. Also, we are a part of a larger community in our neighborhoods and city that we are called to love and serve.
– Family: As a group we are committed to supporting the individuals and the families that make up the group. As we support one another in obeying God, we know the first people we are called to love and bless are those in our homes. In this, we are committed to helping parents disciple their children.
– Multiplication: Scripture is clear, we are told to “be fruitful and multiply” and to “make disciples”. By encouraging and challenging one another to multiply ourselves into those around us, we hope to multiply our groups so that the experience and beauty of biblical community will spread throughout our neighborhood, city, and world.
If you are interested in joining a community group or getting more information please fill out this quick form, or email Chris at email@example.com.